Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Living Frugal

I was just shared by a frugal friend to this website and just thought to share it with others.

http://www.wisebread.com/not-driving-your-less-frugal-friends-crazy


I am in a similiar position like not eating lunch out, bring my own lunches, refuse to get rid of my m'bike, shop in rejects section, do not keep up to the latest fashion, etc ...but if it helps to save, why not?

I live by these sayings,
if it can be use, why throw it away?
if I shop in rejects corners, it does not bring harm to anyone or harm to myself, why not?
why pay full price for something if I can get it much cheaper and the quality is still reasonable and it brings no harm to anyone? But not to weasal one's way into getting free stuff
I don't need a DKNY when I can get a SS2.
I don't have to eat top grade food as long as it is edible and bring no harm
I am not stingy but frugal.
Pls don't equate frugal with stingy or selfish. (yes, i have come across many who do)

I am thankful to have friends and my mother who understand the meaning of frugal and actually practise living as such.

Want not, waste not.

1 comment: